Boat maintenance: Marine line
- 04 Feb, 2021
“Buy a boat and work your dead”… A frequently heard expression and if you ask me it is slightly exaggerated. But still, a boat does require maintenance. For the wood and tarpaulins, there are products on the market today that make maintenance easier and less time consuming. And that's great, because it leaves more time to get on the water.
Since last month we have included the first two products in the new Marine line in the shop. We have one first teak cleaner (clean 201) and a teak protector (care 202) included in our collection. These products have been specially developed for this type of wood and are therefore extremely suitable for the maintenance of your teak deck. The properties of these products make it very easy to carry out maintenance yourself. It is not difficult to achieve a beautiful end result
Step-by-step plan for cleaning a teak deck
In this case, we assume that you are using the clean 201 and care 202 products from the shop.
- Rinse the teak deck with water, making sure that any coarse parts have been removed.
- Apply the clean 201 to the teak deck. You can apply it directly from the bottle to the deck.
- Scrub the product into the wood with a brush.
- When the dirt is visibly removed, rinse the deck thoroughly
- Let the deck dry as dry as possible.
- Apply the care 202. It is useful to do this with the help of a plant sprayer. Do not treat too large parts at the same time, you do not have to be afraid of color spots.
- Work the care 202 into the wood with a roller or brush. As soon as the light starts to foam you know that enough product has been applied.
- The care 202 only has to soak into the wood, which will take about an hour. After 24 hours it is completely dry and your boat is ready to go on the water!
Treat deck furniture
Of course you can also treat your deck furniture with the same products. And while you're at it, also garden furniture made of teak, or your dining table can be treated with these products. With the treatment you ensure that furniture no longer requires maintenance for at least two years. The product makes the wood water-repellent and therefore makes teak durable for outdoor use.
Feel free to let us know what your experiences are!